Friday, May 31, 2013

Saying goodbye to Berlin.


I said goodbye to Berlin yesterday. But not just to Berlin - to new friends, to two weeks of adventure, to an experience that will never be replicated. 

I thought I’d list some things that I’ll miss about being in Berlin - some silly, some serious, but all meaningful. 

What I’ll miss about being in Berlin:

  1. Feeling accomplished after navigating through Berlin on the subways and trams.
  2. The lovely flower shops around town and the flowers people put on their porches and balconies.
  3. Staying up until 2 a.m. laughing with eight girls piled in one hotel room. 
  4. The Brandenburg Gate lit up at night. 
  5. The basil, tomato, mozzarella sandwich on delicious fresh bread at Espresso Co. near our hotel (I went there 4 times).
  6. Always carrying around my camera. 
  7. The cookies in the vending machine in the lobby.
  8. The loooonnngggg days. The sun came up at about 5 and went down at about 10.
  9. The artistic nature of Berlin. There are so many artists and so much art in Berlin.
  10. Saying thank you in German - Danke schon.
  11. Feeling humbled by a new place, realizing that I’m one small person in a huge world.

Goodbye Berlin. 

(A silhouetted Berlin.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment